Monday, April 19, 2010

Thank You, Miss Trail!

Once upon a time, a friend of mine planted a beautiful container garden, and grew delicious things in it. I thought to myself, "I can do that!" This was particularly exciting since I live in an apartment, and there are no signs of that changing any time soon.

A dream of growing my own fresh veggies grew in my mind, and I began to notice every little thing about gardening. I drove people crazy talking about my plans. Then January became February, and the gardening books began to appear in the bookstore. Special displays dedicated to these magnificent tomes full of earthy knowledge were set up, and caught my attention. Then, I finally stopped at one such display, and picked up Grow Great Grub, by Gayla Trail. This book is specifically geared towards those wishing to grow organic food in limited space. Perfect! It is written for the gardening novice (definitely me) and is very easy to understand. By the time you finish it, you will really believe that this is an attainable thing.

Later, upon visiting my container gardening friend, I realized that she had used Gayla's prior book, You Grow Girl. I do believe this came after her website, YouGrowGirl.com, which just celebrated its tenth anniversary. All of these publications share the same light-hearted, relaxed approach to gardening, and love of good food!

I probably could garden without these things, but it would be a lot less fun!
Thank you, Gayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment