Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Ginko Shawl

I showed you the beautiful yarn I got from the Yarn Chef.  Now, I'd like to show you what I made from it.

The Ginko Shoulderette Shawl.

It was a project of many firsts, for me.  First shawl, first time blocking, first time working with wool.  And this was 100% wool.  I was surprised at how soft and springy it was.  It's just beautiful to use!

I don't have finished photos, but these are from the blocking process.  Oh yeah, it was the first time I tried that, too!
















It's amazing how much control you have over the shape of the object.  If I had realized that, I might have started blocking much sooner!  Then again, I haven't exactly knitted much that required it. I might just block everything now!

There are a few flaws where I lost track of where I was in the pattern.  I think I'll keep this one, for that reason.  Mostly.  I'll definitely be giving it another shot in the future.  Keep an eye out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment