Friday, May 20, 2011

New House - Week 1

We've spent four nights in the house, and despite the fact that it's in complete disarray, it feels more like home than any place I've lived since I left for college.  Maybe it's just the knowledge that it's ours, and we can do with it what we want.

Now that all the madness is over and the dust is starting to clear, I'm trying to get my life back in order.  I haven't met my two creations a week goal in a very, very long time.  I'm making up for some of that time this week though.  I had last night to myself, and cut out two handbags and two totes, both from the 241 design.  The handbags feature the same teapot fabric as well, but one is in red.  The two totes are in Amy Butler and Robert Kaufman prints.  And I've managed to use a ton of the strange teal fabric my grandmother gave me.  I wonder how much I have left....

It's fantastic to have a designated studio space again.  I can't tell you how badly I need that.  And Rachel has her office, which is another splendid thing.  She can have as much scary stuff in there as she wants!  There is so much work to do, to make it our own.  If I think about it all at once, it becomes rather daunting.

So for all you people who have a secret creative life at home, how do you balance it all?

And how do you organize all your stuff......???

No comments:

Post a Comment