Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teapot Purse for Spring

Two things happened:

  1. I bought a pattern for the 241 Tote from Noodlehead.
  2. I found DELICIOUS fabric at Sew to Speak that I just had to have!
The purse I had been using was a little too small, and very very autumn-y.  Thus, I went on the hunt for springy stuff.  Naturally, I found the perfect fabric for this pattern.  After reducing the size of the tote (we all know I prefer smaller purses) and adding some teal fabric from my stash, I came up with something that I'm rather pleased with!

The Teapot Purse



























Side Pockets!

















I bought enough fabric for a few more, so once we get settled with this move, expect to see some in the Etsy shop!  The more I sew, the better things turn out.  Who knew!  But I'm also building confidence in messing with the patterns.  It's been rather enjoyable, if I may say so!

One of the greatest thing about making things or having a skill, is being able to barter for them.  When I posted this photo, a friend of mine said she wanted one.  Well, she happens to cut hair, and very well.  She's my go-to gal.  So I said "Hey lady, want to trade purses for haircuts?"  Naturally, she said yes.  So get out there and learn something new.  Put those hands to use!  It will pay off.  It will!

No comments:

Post a Comment