Saturday, January 28, 2012

1911 Corset - In Coutil!

I have to say, I get very excited about each new step in this corset.  I'm already starting to plan for the next one I want to make.  That might be a bit premature, but it's been so much fun!  I want to make one that looks a little less like underwear, more like something I might actually show off. 

Sewing Coutil is interesting.  It feels almost like poster-board.  It's very stiff, and does not stretch.  The crispness of it makes it easy to control. 















I did let one seam get away from me, and had to pick it out.  I've been left with these holes, which aren't incredibly obvious, but bother me nonetheless. 














It's been very much worth the learning experience.  I think I've finally decided on the decorative aspects of this thing, so I'll be gathering up those supplies, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment