Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Bun-Bun Clutch

My apologies, for the long absence. I've been busy with the holiday as most of blogland. For me, that meant a lot of baking and making. Rachel and I also had our fourth anniversary yesterday.  It's a difficult day to celebrate anything additional, but we managed.  So here's some of what I've been working on:

I learned applique!  I practiced and practiced until I felt confident.
 
 Then, I put it on this clutch purse, designed for a friend of Rachel's.  The outer fabric is organic cotton, and wonderful to work with!

Then, I began work on two more.  One of them has a turtle, and can be found in my etsy.  :)  One has a squirrel, and is yet incomplete.  I ran out of piping and of course it was the one color I needed that wasn't in stock.  



I've also been knitting, sewed another clutch for my cousin, and well, it's been lovely! As far as giving up caffiene goes, I've been doing rather well.  The trouble has been going to my grandmother's and Rachel's mom's place. Coffee abounds, and it's sooo good!  I figured it's Christmas, and went ahead and had some.  Back to the coffee-free life today though.  Since the first couple of days, it's been much easier!  Hope you all had as wonderful a weekend as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment