Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Raw Diet - Day 2: The first taste of success!

The trouble with fresh spinach is the stems.  I love its mild flavor and texture, but I could do without the dressing on my nose.  However, it's worth it!

Somehow, magically, I moved from my shamefully-stuck overweight weight of 184 to 179, overnight.  I'm 5'7", curvy, and fairly muscular, so it's not that bad, but I've never been slim.  I'd like to be.  I thought for sure that my scale was on one of those weird spots where it lies to you and tells you you're 25 lbs, but I moved it all around the bathroom and measured about 6 times, just to be sure.

From all the reading, it's not uncommon to lose 15 lbs in a month, which is only 3.5 lbs a week.  And I still think this was somehow a fluke, but we'll see.  Tonight, I will also record measurements, as they paint a much more accurate picture.  My ultimate goal is to drop two jeans sizes.  That's going from a 12 to an 8.  I have this way of losing weight without changing size.  Maybe that means I'm just not working hard enough.

Other thoughts:

  • Caffeine withdrawal is terrible.  I almost fell asleep in a meeting this morning. And all this just after I was introduced to an amazing little coffee house I'd never been in before.  sigh
  • This on top of the other fatigue from your body adjusting to working very hard to get calories makes me one sleepy kid!
  • The dog has to play with an almond for at least half an hour before she'll even consider eating it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment