Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pretty as a Peacock

Now that I've shown its recipient (my mom) the project, I can show you all!

A couple of years ago, I picked up the Pretty as a Peacock shawl pattern, with the intention of making it for my mom.  I thought of her the instant I saw it, and I knew I had to try.  One thing stood in my way: I had never attempted to knit lace before.  So I tried a few projects, and finally, I felt comfortable enough to try it out.

With only a month to complete it, I left myself little room for error.  Not enough, actually.  It's still not finished.  But, it's very close.  Here are some early photos.

The pattern at the beginning of the shawl is not
super obvious.
I think that was the cause of my rough start.
Here, you can see the first "eye" of the feathers,
and the smaller feathers at the top of the shawl.


Check out all the sequins!
I'm not usually a fan, but I like these.












































Mom didn't mind that she couldn't keep it.  She's a pretty patient lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment