Monday, May 17, 2010

Parasites and Plans

I had fully intended to build my planter boxes this weekend, but that didn't happen. What DID happen was a lot of hanging out with cool people in nature. This was extremely enjoyable! What was not so fun is that there seems to be an abundance of ticks. I'm gonna get made fun of for this post, but I have seriously never found so many in such a short time span. I found three on me - only one bite - and one on the dog. Four, in a four day span. This is probably normal for people who live in the woods and stuff, but I grew up in the suburbs. It's surreal to me. Parasites. *shudder*

I spent yesterday cleaning out the garage, and finally setting up my miter saw that I got a year or two ago. How ridiculous is it to have such a beautiful piece of equipment, and never ever use it? Very. I've got one of these. Isn't it beautiful?

Hopefully I can spend an evening this week building my boxes, and plant my seedlings.

Half of said seedlings have been taken over to Rachel's mom's place, to be planted on the piece of land they've generously offered to let us help tend. I have a lot to learn from Susan (Rachel's mom) and she seems to be eager to teach. I'm stoked! Hopefully it stops raining long enough for the ground to dry out a little. Then, planting! I can't express my excitement for this! I'm probably underestimating the amount of work this will be, and I'm sure plenty of other people are thinking that; However, I was never one deterred by hard work. It will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment