Friday, February 10, 2012

Color Conundrum

I've been working on putting together a tutorial for the hook and needle organizer that I made, but it's rather involved!  I think I may have to refer to it whenever I make another, honestly.  In the mean time, I thought I would bring you up to speed on the corset progress.

It's got a busk, and grommets down one side.  I'm doing the rest this weekend.  The next step is trim, but here is where I have a problem.  I have no idea what I wanted it to look like!  Naturally, I thought about doing it in green.  Even went and bought this bias tape.

But I don't like it.  At least not against a sea of white.  It's too... Easter colored, or too... I don't know.  Just not good.
photo from Jo-Ann Fabrics
I asked for color suggestions, and got brown and mauve.  While both of these are nice, neither really screams me, you know?  So I'm stuck.  

I did pick up some glorious lace, though!  I decided not to go with the wide lace, mostly because I couldn't find any that I liked very well.  I got this lovely stuff.  

photo from trimplace.com





I might weave a bit of ribbon through it, but we'll see.  This lace is only about an inch, maybe 1 1/2 inches tall, but it's lovely.  So what do you think?  Which color would be best on a white corset? 

And don't forget to check out the group flickr page.






No comments:

Post a Comment