Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yummy Fall Soup

So I sort of fell off the wagon with the raw food diet.  The trip got me all messed up.  I'm back on caffeine, too, but I hope to remedy these things soon.  Sort of.  I'm not going back to raw.  But I will say that I felt FANTASTIC after I got over the not eating "normal" food.  What I am going to do is eat nothing but fruits and veggies during the day.  So the only thing different is that they can be cooked.  To get back into the swing of things, I've been eating like this:

Breakfast:
1 apple
1 glass water or organic juice - occasionally made at home!

Snack:
Baby carrots - extreme!

Lunch:
large greek salad with onions, cucumbers, and olives.  (sometimes cheese.  forgive me?)

Snack:
Almonds.  yum!

And for dinner the other night, I invited an adventurous friend over to try a new recipe from Clean Food: Apple and Squash Soup.  Great for alkalinizing the blood, or so it's said.  Oh, and it's incredibly easy to make!  There's no dairy in this puppy, though you could easily replace the rice and coconut milk for the real deal.  I might try adding some potatoes (Idaho style or sweet) and maybe carrots, just for some other flavor.  I'm also considering adding a little kick to it, with some cayenne pepper.  As is, this soup is ever so mildly sweet, but rather filling.  All this without being heavy.  The recipe says to blend it with a hand mixer, but since I don't have one, I mashed it with a spoon.  It's a little bit chunky, but delicious!  And Jeni, my adventurous friend, enjoyed it too!  It's also this beautiful golden orange color, perfect for fall.  So grab yourself a butternut and a few apples, and of course the lovely book here, and get to cookin!  Be sure to have friends around, cause I'm having quite a time trying to eat it all by myself.  I wonder if it freezes well...


Image from tasteofhome.com
This is not the soup I made, but this is what it looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment