Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tips from Grandma

My grandmother taught me everything I know.  Seriously, she taught me to read and write, sew, crochet, paint, cook, everything!  And she recently gave me a tip I found most helpful.  Everyone probably has already heard this, but if you run your thread through either beeswax, or a bar of soap, you will smooth out thread, and prevent it from snagging.  This is especially useful if you're trying to embroider with metallic thread.  As you might expect, it has strands of metal in it, so it's prone to kinks and snags, and is generally a pain to work with.  A little bit of soap, and you have tamed the beast!  I tried it out for the first time last night, and it works like a charm!

Thanks Oma!
That's German for Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment