First, I made a muslin, using the seam tracing technique. I picked it up from Gretchen Hirsch's Sew Retro class, on Craftsy. I haven't made that dress yet, but I watched the whole class!
I made my alterations to the pattern (changed it to a V-neck).
I used a lot of basting to keep everything in place while I worked. This was slippery floaty fabric!
I finished the neckline with an applique stitch, and clipped away the rest of the facing. You could see the whole thing through the sheer fabric, and that was not pretty. This is!
And lastly, I learned that there is a reason for black interfacing. I used white initially, and you could see it. It looked weird (below). I removed the cuffs, used black interfacing for new ones, and holy moly, does it look better!
Many many lessons learned working with sheers. I'd encourage anyone to give it a try! Just make sure you buy a little extra fabric. :)