Friday, March 11, 2011

Quality Time

All artists strive for quality in their product.  I am just learning that there is much more availability for quality supplies than I had ever realized.  Yarn was yarn, and fabric from Jo-Ann was just fine. Painting on luan couldn't get better, could it?  Of course it can!  There's natural and hand dyed fibers, fabric that will LAST in the garments, and 1/2 inch medium density fiberboard (MDF) is a dream, I tell you, a DREAM to paint on.  That and cabinet-grade plywood or solid hardwood.  .... I have to stop, I think I'm drooling....

Anyway,  I tracked down a local yarn seller on Etsy.  Check out the Yarn Chef.  I just ordered my first skein, and I should get it early next week, I think.  Also, there is Re! who deals in vintage goods.  Ok, maybe these aren't supplies, but they are stunning, nonetheless!  


No comments:

Post a Comment