Saturday, August 14, 2010

Clown Fish

Finding that I had the day to myself, I decided to take advantage of it, and paint!  This piece has been a lot of work.  A lot of tedious work, but I tell you, I am learning here.  These have been serious exercises in patience and attention to detail, and it seems they are paying off.

Today, I just worked on the fish.  I had already put
 down two coats of paint just to block them in.  Yellows and oranges are apparently not very opaque.  Today, there was enough coverage with the third coat to really lay in some detail.  I think I may even go back over it again.  This is a big step for me!  Have a look: 



















Closeup of the upper left fish.  He has the most detail.  I love the shadows on his right fin.  If not for things like that, fish are somewhat flat, and difficult to paint, or make look convincing!














I think the bottom guy's eye is a little low, so I will try to fix that next time.  Otherwise, I am pleased!

How did I get these photos anyway, you wonder.  Well, I had the teensy tiny SD card that came with my camera.  With the highest quality settings (which I always use and get these less than stellar results) I can take about six pictures before it's full.  Needless to say, I won't be taking too many photos at fun events, but it will work for this.  I think I will save my Etsy earnings for a new camera.  Guess I better get back to painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment