Sunday, September 18, 2011

Post-Wedding Creativity

The lady and I went to Old Man's Cave yesterday, and did about a 15 mile hike.  While I recover, I thought I'd bring you all up to date.

The wedding went off so beautifully! Seriously, I could not have asked for a more perfect day.  Sunny, but not hot, no rain, no humidity.  The food was delicious, the decorations made me super giggly, and I had the best time!  I hardly got to see my new wife that evening, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

We've been flexing our creative muscles, just trying to use up our leftovers!  Quesadillas made from marinated chicken?  Yes please!  Potato chicken soup from the potatoes and chicken.  Steak burger chili.  And lots of leftover sangria mix!  If anybody knows anything to do with refried beans (too sweet for the chili) let me know.

Perhaps what I was happiest with were the dresses.  I felt so good in that dress, and Rachel said she did, too!  Of course, it wasn't until after the wedding that I learned how to properly install an invisible zipper.  Anyway, here are a few pictures. :)
































I learned three things that allowed me to go back and fix my zipper.

1. That I was installing it completely incorrectly, and how to do it properly.  This tutorial helped me out a lot.  I watched it several times!
2. Invisible zipper feet are NOT cheap if you have a Husqvarna sewing machine, but soooo worth it!
3. That my machine has a variable position needle, and how to adjust it.  I always knew that dial did something!


Here's the before:














See?  Not invisible.

But I'm proud of the after!














Much better!  And the old seam holes pressed right out!
The beauty of these dresses is that they're not one-trick ponies!  We get to wear them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment